Last summer my mother and I worked on a collection of her writings, which include short stories, song lyrics, poems, and inspirational Bible Study pieces. She has written these over many years, for her church activities and other purposes.
The book also contains her sketches of us (her children) as young children and of herself and my father and other sketches and drawings she has preserved. On the cover and in the back pages are photographs of quilts made by my two grandmothers and my husband’s grandmother.
This is a neat book, and I have enjoyed working on it. The book is Bits and Pieces and More by Helen Gobble.
- Rollouts R Rocky
- Live long, and prosper
- No war on women here, folks
- Medicaid extension is needed in Virginia
- Why I am pro-choice
- Ken Cuccinelli now says that Obamacare is fine
- The critical link between education and the kind of world we have
- How and why not to get private student loans
- Origins and consequences
- Virginia tax credits for private K-12 should not pass