I will leave that comment by JustaDog on my July 25 post, since it is a real comment by a person who read my blog.
What I can’t get over is how many Christians I meet who are willing to justify our illegal and inhuman treatment of prisoners by citing their atrocities. Of course I care about “executions performed by terrorists.” I care about the children who die in war, theirs and ours, and about the families torn apart, some of them forever. I do not believe insurgents are righteous or that any torture is acceptable. And I do not understand how when we torture prisoners it “resembles fraternity hazing.”
I will point out that when Sadam or insurgents commit atrocities they do not do so with my tax money while wearing the uniform and standing under the flag that I grew up saluting.
- Rollouts R Rocky
- Live long, and prosper
- No war on women here, folks
- Medicaid extension is needed in Virginia
- Why I am pro-choice
- Ken Cuccinelli now says that Obamacare is fine
- The critical link between education and the kind of world we have
- How and why not to get private student loans
- Origins and consequences
- Virginia tax credits for private K-12 should not pass