The New York Times today is saying that both Barack Obama and John McCain, since one of them will inherit management of the bailout, agree that there must be more oversight of the Treasury Department. McCain is of course the deregulation person of old, formerly content to follow the Bush lead on this rather complex question about something he did not understand. Now he is apparently being advised to say we need regulation, although he probably hasn’t a clue what that means in practical terms. He can of course ask Sarah Palin.
Obama/Biden is looking better to anyone with economic awareness or a memory that goes back further than last Sunday?s exhortation to the faithful, and these are probably the folks turning the tide to favor Barack Obama.
- Rollouts R Rocky
- Live long, and prosper
- No war on women here, folks
- Medicaid extension is needed in Virginia
- Why I am pro-choice
- Ken Cuccinelli now says that Obamacare is fine
- The critical link between education and the kind of world we have
- How and why not to get private student loans
- Origins and consequences
- Virginia tax credits for private K-12 should not pass